Be aware


Be serious

Generally, Social media hack to steal personal data or cheat others. Though I studied social media also hack to use for business purpose but normally that's not happening in Sri Lanka.

                                    A few months before, Some of the Jaffna Facebook user accounts were hacked by a phishing attack. I check out that cloned link and find it, it was hosted by free web hosting site, but it had some vulnerable, So I hack that personal server and get all the Facebook username and password list. Then I check all those accounts, no any changes were happened but when I check those active sessions all the accounts were login by Linux and used it for few minutes. After that I posted an alert message to user on their Facebook wall "please change your password" like that.

     few days ago, I went a private company in Jaffna and I had a chance to use their company pc. While I check it out, I saw a .txt file then I open it some of the email addresses and passwords were store on it. Then I realized those email id and passwords were match by that hacked Facebook accounts. Though I don’t know what reason if those accounts were hacked, after that I check out that company site, their Facebook pages and location sites, I shocked that all those Facebook accounts were hacked to use their company site review, location review Facebook page like and post a review. So, they used to business purpose and I think it also used to report an account or something...

              finally, I checked when that txt file created and modified, but that was a same day and it was download by gmail.so I think some of the web scammers hacked and sold social medias accounts to companies or private limited.

           However, please take aware for your social media accounts and typically change your passwords per month now a days most of the procedure done by internet so you should pay attention to protect to your personal accounts.

Comments